Dealer.com,Next Thursday (August 11th) Burlington’s Dealer.com will be hosting the second annual Woody Classic ‘ a local tennis match and celebration open to the public. As a neat throw-back to the 70’s and 80’s, competitors are required to use wooden racquets and dress in retro-style athletic gear. In addition, the event will culminate with a ‘Sunday Bash’ where families are encouraged to attend and enjoy the food and free activities while cheering on the finalists (who are competing for prizes valued at more than $4,500). WHAT: Tennis athletes and fans are invited to dust-off their headbands and travel back to the era of John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg’s classic rivalry by participating in the second annual Dan Bonfigli Woody Classic ‘ a local tennis competition requiring athletes to use wooden racquets and show off their retro-style sportswear in honor of the heyday of 1970’s and 1980’s tennis. The four-day competitive tennis match will culminate with a ‘Sunday Bash,’ where food, beverages and family activities will be available for athletes and spectators throughout the day as finalists compete. During the bash, more than $4,500 in prizes will be awarded to top competitors ‘ and additional awards will be given to best male and female athlete who replicate the “Classic White” tennis outfits from the 70’s and 80’s. Athletes can register for singles and doubles categories for both men and women. Spectators are encouraged to cheer-on athletes throughout the competition – cow bells and noise makers will be provided! For more information, and to register by midnight on August 8th, visit www.woodyclassic.com(link is external). WHO: The 2nd Annual Dan Bonfigli Woody Classic is sponsored by the Burlington Tennis Club and Dealer.com, the Burlington-based global leader in online marketing solutions for the automotive industry WHEN: Registration: Now until August 8thCompetition: August 11 ‘ 14, 2011 (visit www.woodyclassic.com(link is external) for info)Sunday Bash, semi and final matches: August 14 (all day)Awards Ceremony: August 14 (all day) WHERE: Burlington Tennis Club12 East TerraceSouth Burlington, VT 05403(802) 863-3439 Click for Map WHY: The event is hosted by Dealer.com in memory of Dan Bonfigli, a local tennis athlete whose unrealized dream was to create a competition like the Woody Classic ‘ where retro-era tennis was celebrated in a fun and friendly competition. ‘Last year was so much fun, we just had to do it again,’ said Mark Bonfigli, CEO and founder of Dealer.com, and brother of Dan Bonfigli. ‘We’re all looking forward to another year of friendly competition, family fun and outrageous throwbacks to the 70’s and 80’s era of tennis.’
– Advertisement – A top legal advisor to President Donald Trump‘s campaign said Wednesday that she hopes a number of court challenges to ballots cast in the presidential election are resolved “within the next two weeks.”Jenna Ellis, Trump campaign legal advisor, during a Fox Business News interview, said it will “be up to the courts to make sure to hear these cases expeditiously.”“It’s incredibly important that the states don’t certify false results,” Ellis said, referring to two legal challenges the Republican campaign is bringing in Pennsylvania and Michigan, led by Democratic governors.- Advertisement – Even if the Trump campaign can prove fraud, or show that ballots were improperly cast in some cases, it is far from clear that the campaign will be able to invalidate enough of the tens of thousands of ballots necessary to erase Biden’s margin of victory in any state. – Advertisement – The longest contested presidential election in modern times was in 2000, when it took 35 days before Democratic Vice President Al Gore conceded to George W. Bush, the Republican nominee. But that delay was the result of a dispute over ballots in just one state, Florida, five fewer than the number of states in which the Trump campaign is disputing results.Biden is projected as the winner in four of the states in dispute, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Nevada, and is leading in ballot counting in the two other states, Arizona and Georgia.On Wednesday, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said the state will conduct a by-hand recount of the votes in each county there. Biden leads Trump by more than 14,000 votes in Georgia.Biden currently is projected to receive at least 279 Electoral College votes — nine more than the minimum needed to secure a White House victory. He could get 27 more such votes if he wins in Arizona and Georgia.Ellis on Tuesday mocked much of the media’s reference to Biden as “president-elect” by editing her Twitter handle to read “President-Elect Jenna Ellis.”It is long-standing practice for media outlets, including NBC News, to project the winner of a presidential election, and other elections, days or weeks before the final vote popular vote tallies are completed in individual states, and well before a vote in the Electoral College officially determines the winner of the presidency.Trump has not only refused to concede to Biden as he contests the election, but also has falsely claimed to have won the election.The Trump campaign’s lawsuit in Michigan was filed Wednesday. The campaign said the lawsuit cites “multiple witness accounts of irregularities, incompetence, and unlawful vote counting” in the state.On Tuesday, a federal judge in Pennsylvania scheduled for Nov. 19 an evidentiary hearing on a Trump campaign lawsuit that challenges the process for evaluating the legitimacy of mail-in ballots in the state.Asked when she expected the legal process to be done, and whether there will be proof of systemic and significant fraud, she said, “That depends on when we’re granted meaningful access” to ballots.“So hopefully sooner rather than later,” Ellis said.“I know every American wants this done expeditiously,” she said. “But hopefully within the next two weeks. But we’ll see.”Biden campaign legal advisor Bob Bauer on Tuesday told reporters that the Trump campaign’s array of election lawsuits is “noise, not really law.”“Theatrics not really lawsuits,” Bauer said.He pointed out that since Election Day last week, judges have dismissed seven court cases lodged by the Trump campaign in Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, and Pennsylvania.And he said the Trump campaign cannot win the election based on recounts in any state.“Since 2000, in 31 statewide recounts, the average change in votes was 430, and the median change was 267,” Bauer said. “End of story. These margins cannot be overcome in recounts. So the recounts are yet another piece of the political theatrics.”Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel, a Democrat, on Tuesday said in a statement, “Let me be clear — the November elections in Michigan ran as smoothly as ever.”“Irregularities occur in every election, but there are multiple layers of protection to ensure that these irregularities are caught and rectified,” Nessel said.“Most of these are simple human error, not crimes — in several examples throughout the state we have found election workers making inadvertent errors that would have given more votes to the candidate of the opposite party.” Detroit election workers work on counting absentee ballots for the 2020 general election at TCF Center on November 4, 2020 in Detroit, Michigan.Jeff Kowalsky | AFP | Getty Images In those states, Trump’s campaign is asking judges to bar state officials from certifying election results pending challenges to ballots there.The Trump campaign, which has court challenges pending and plans to seek recounts in six battleground states, is relying on those efforts to overturn what is now a projected victory for President-elect Joe Biden, the former Democratic vice president.But those efforts have been criticized by Biden’s campaign and others for failing to offer substantive evidence of fraud.- Advertisement –
LocalNews Judy Sango undergoes surgery today by: – April 25, 2012 Sharing is caring! 103 Views 6 comments Share Tweet Share Share Judy SangoJudy Sango, an 11 year old of Portsmouth who suffers from a condition which limits her walking ability will undergo surgery to correct that difficulty today.As a result of limited supply of oxygen to her brain during birth according to her mother, Sango has been diagnosed with Arthrogryposis, a condition in which causes her feet are contracted at an acute angle shape. This condition also causes her to fall frequently as well as severe knee pains.Sango, a student of the Roosevelt Douglas Primary School, has been ridiculed by her school mates because of her disability and impoverished lifestyle which is no fault of hers.She told a documentary film by InsidePossie of Children of Grace Foundation Inc however that she is “more than able” and determined to become a judge despite her disability and the ridicule that she faces.That Foundation has been working closely with Sango in soliciting medical assistance to correct the condition. They have also been supplying her with essential school supplies among other things.Founder of the Foundation, Drinnon Nyerere informed Dominica Vibes News that Judy was admitted to the Winston Ward of the Princess Margaret Hospital on Tuesday April 24th, 2012 and will undergo surgery today, Wednesday April 25th, 2012.The purpose of the surgery will be to lengthen the veins in her legs and will be performed by Dr Julian De Armas.Nyerere urges the public to keep Judy in their prayers and to pay her a visit at the hospital.[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/39316860[/vimeo]For details on providing assistance to Judy, contact Nyerere at [email protected] Dominica Vibes News
Originally a winger, the 18-year-old got his break in the first-team this season by playing left-back. Asked if Saka could become the next Ashley Cole, Wright said: “For me he’s a better winger. “It’s just because of his ability and how good he is that he can play that position. “Ashley turned out to be one of the best full-backs in the world but this guy is better further forward.” Saka has yet to sign a extension on his current which expires in 2021.Advertisement Loading… And Wright thinks the Englishman should hold out for the best deal. “He’s right him and his representatives to hold out as best they can because he’s the future of the club,” added Wright. “They cannot afford to let a player like this leave, When you look at what Callum Hudson-Odoi has done and he’s a year younger. read also:‘Why Saka will make England’s 2021 European Championship squad’ “The contract he signed, Saka’s representatives will be saying: ‘Why should I sign for any less?’ “I believe he will sign but I do think him and his reps are doing the right thing by dragging it out to get the best deal they can. Arsenal is the right place for him at the moment.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Arsenal legend, Ian Wright, thinks Bukayo Saka should be playing further forward.