Jeff Lynne’s Electric Light Orchestra Announce First U.S. Tour In 35 Years

first_imgToday, decorated British singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Jeff Lynne announced that he will be bringing his Electric Light Orchestra stateside next summer for his first North American tour since 1981, the better part of four decades ago. The announcement comes on the heels of a their memorable return to London’s Wembley Stadium in June, which was immortalized via their upcoming live album/concert film Wembley or Bust, due out this Friday, November 17th. It also follows the recent death of Lynne’s former Traveling Wilburys bandmate Tom Petty.Jeff Lynne’s ELO Performs In The US For The First Time In 30 Years [Video]Known as one of the most iconic forces in music history, Jeff Lynne’s ELO has spent the last two years with a critically acclaimed and chart-topping album, a sold out run of UK and European shows, as well as a 2017 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In a statement, Lynne commented on the long-awaited North American ELO tour: “Our audiences are amazing. It’s like they’re in the group. We can’t wait to play for them again.” The tour will hit 10 cities, starting in Oakland, CA at Oracle Arena and wrapping up in Philadelphia, PA at Wells Fargo Center. (See below for a full list of dates).American Express Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Wednesday, November 15th at 10am local time through Thursday, November 16th at 10pm local time. The Live Nation pre-sale begins Thursday, November 16th and public on-sale begins Friday, November 17th starting at 10am local time with tickets available on Ticketmaster.All pre-orders of Wembley Or Bust made at Jeff Lynne’s Electric Light Orchestra Official US Store prior to 4:00pm EST on November 14, 2017 are eligible to receive a ticket pre-sale code for 2018 U.S. tour dates. Codes can be used during the pre-sale window for access to tickets before the general public on-sale. One (1) code is granted per customer and allows access to purchase up to four (4) tickets. Tickets will be available while supplies last and pre-sale codes do not guarantee inventory.Watch the official preview for Wembley or Bust below via ELOVEVO:For information on ticket on-sale information, pre-orders, and more, head to the ELO website.2018 Electric Light Orchestra  U.S. Tour DatesThu Aug 2 Oakland, CA – Oracle ArenaSat Aug 4 Los Angeles, CA – The ForumWed Aug 8 Denver, CO – Pepsi CenterFri Aug 10 Houston, TX – Toyota CenterMon Aug 13 Dallas, TX – American Airlines CenterWed Aug 15 Rosemont, IL – Allstate ArenaThu Aug 16 Detroit, MI – Little Caesars ArenaSat August 18 Toronto, ON – Air Canada CentreTue Aug 21 New York, NY – Madison Square Garden, *NY on sale Saturday at 10:00amFri Aug 24 Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center[Cover photos via Wembley or Bust]last_img read more

Samarinda flood victims turn to social media for help

first_imgA top official at BPBD Samarinda, Irfan, vowed to follow up on the reports.Read also: Floods, landslides hit regions as rainy season prolonged”We’ll check up on them up later. We have many volunteers to help with the evacuation process,” he said on Monday as quoted by kompas.com.Heavy rain that hit Samarinda over the weekend left numerous areas of East Kalimantan’s capital flooded. Nearly 32,000 people spread across four districts in the city were affected by the disaster. Some 600 of them have been evacuated so far. Authorities revealed that 16 out of 21 nursing homes in the city were inundated. At least 60 senior citizens had to be evacuated to other nursing homes in the form of rumah panggung (stilt houses). “If the water keeps rising, we will evacuate all of the elderly residents to a nursing home on Jl. DI Pandjaitan, where we have enough room,” East Kalimantan Social Agency head Agus Hari Kesuma said separately in a statement. (vny)Topics : A number of flood-affected residents in Samarinda, East Kalimantan, decided to ask for help on social media when no rescue team had reached their respective areas four days into the calamity.The Facebook account of Sultan Daeng Siila, for example, asked Samarinda Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD Samarinda) personnel to rescue his family from a 120-centimeter-deep flood that trapped them on Jl. Pemuda in the city. The family included an infant, Sultan added.Another Facebook account belonging to a resident named Yulis said several infants and elderly people were trapped on Jl. S. Parman and they were in dire need of food and medical supplies.last_img read more

Grand National no-fly zone put in place to prevent drone use

first_img Share ITV Racing to host virtual Grand National March 30, 2020 In a bid to crack down on illegal betting activity, the Merseyside Police and the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) have put a 2,000ft high, one mile wide no-fly zone which is hoped to prevent the use of drones at this week’s Grand National at Aintree Racecourse.Drones have persistently caused problems for horse racing over the last few years. Footage at The Grand National is delayed by two seconds, but drones have previously been used to give punters an unfair advantage while placing bets before the racing footage is screened to bookmakers. A spokesperson for the CAA commented: “There is an airspace restriction in place around Aintree that only applies to drones.“The restriction will be in place from 7.30am to 6.30pm each day from April 4 to 6 and prohibits the use of an unmanned aircraft/drones below 2,000ft.”Specialist firm Crowded Space are said to be working alongside Aintree Racecourse to monitor and prevent the use of drones by utilising detection technology to monitor when the pilot of a drone has broken any regulations, like flying too low or too close to public exclusion zones.Merseyside Police have since confirmed that any breach of the exclusion zone by those using drones would be `classed a criminal offence’, and appropriate action would be taken.The news follows recent efforts made by racecourse officials, such as The Racecourse Association (RCA), to develop plans which will ban drone usage at UK courses. The RCA admitted at the time that there is ‘limited further action’ on what can be undertaken to combat their use, but pointed out that industry stakeholders should collaborate with the CAA to develop new risk assessments. Submit StumbleUpon Related Articles Share Quentin Martin: Luckbox – Esports can bridge COVID-19 divides  March 19, 2020 Virtual Grand National success sees bookmakers donate over £2.6m to NHS Charities April 6, 2020last_img