Ravindra Jadeja tweeted out some sharp lines for former India cricketer and commentator Sanjay Manjrekar on Wednesday. Manjrekar had recently called Ravindra Jadeja a bits-and-pieces cricketer.”I am not a big fan of bits and pieces players which Jadeja is at this point of his career in 50-over cricket. In Test matches, he is a pure bowler. But in 50-over cricket, I would rather have a batsman and a spinner,” Manjrekar had said.Ravindra Jadeja has not yet played a single game in the 2019 World Cup but he has been a huge asset on the field as a substitute fielder. In 151 ODIs, Jadeja has scored 2035 runs and taken 174 wickets.Sanjay Manjrekar played 74 ODIs, scored 1994 runs and took 1 wicket.Sanjay Manjrekar was also trolled online after he criticised MS Dhoni over his strike rate and poor strike rotation.MS Dhoni has taken flak for his slow strike rate and poor strike rotation in the 2019 Cricket World Cup. On Sunday, two former international captains, Nasser Hussain and Sourav Ganguly said they were baffled with Dhoni’s approach in a steep run chase against England.On Tuesday, MS Dhoni scored only 35 off 33 balls against Bangladesh on what experts said was a flat pitch at Edgbaston. India won by 28 runs after another spectacular show by their pacers. However, Manjrekar, raised Dhoni’s strike rate against spin and said he does not put his wicket on the line in big games.”Here’s something interesting about Dhoni -. 41 off 87 balls v spin this WC. But in the warm up games 69 off 56 balls v spin. That tells me it’s mental too. He does not put his wicket on the line as much in the big games,” Manjrekar tweeted.advertisementHere’s something interesting about Dhoni -. 41 off 87 balls v spin this WC. But in the warm up games 69 off 56 balls v spin. That tells me it’s mental too. He does not put his wicket on the line as much in the big games.#ICCCWC2019Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) July 2, 2019In what fans and followers of Ravindra Jadeja perceived as a retort to Manjrekar, the ace India all-rounder said he has heard enough of Manjrekar’s “verbal diarrhoea.”Still i have played twice the number of matches you have played and i m still playing. Learn to respect ppl who have achieved.i have heard enough of your verbal diarrhoea.@sanjaymanjrekarRavindrasinh jadeja (@imjadeja) July 3, 2019Fans, not surprisingly, went into frenzy.Sanju Manju is so bad that even fans are muting @StarSportsIndia Hindi.Let’s try this. The next time Sanjay Manjrekar comes on commentary, Mute commentary, take a pic. Tweet with #SackManjrekarIf you don’t like this senseless commentary do it. RT & Spread too. #IndvBan pic.twitter.com/mOP0K9lmJp Prabhu (@Cricprabhu) July 2, 2019″the Dhoni conundrum” are you for real??? Show some respect dude! The man has given so much to his country and you call him a conundrum? #kickhimout of commentating #SanjayManjrekar PK (@pkmulberry) July 2, 2019@sanjaymanjrekar Can you please stop your biased propagandaYou are going nuts when Dhoni couldn’t hit the final oversThe same you saying Bangladesh are not able to hit the last overs due to the slowness of the pitch #SanjayManjrekar pic.twitter.com/JySthYMiD9 Shilpa Aggarwal (@indianshestands) July 2, 2019One of the worst commentator ever seen.He always wrong??#sanjaymanjrekar pic.twitter.com/7CQEGCRnXS Kumar (@Kumar_187) July 3, 2019Jadeja plays with MS Dhoni in Chennai Super Kings and the two are close friends.Also See:
The owners of a local honey company whose hives and bees were destroyed last week say they will return to business thanks to donations and help provided by many Siouxland residents.Justin and Tori Engelhardt of Wild Hill Honey posted a message on their Facebook page thanking those who contributed money through Go Fund Me pages.The couple says the donations combined with equipment they were able to salvage have met their needs.They say their wish is that this spirit of compassion will be used to help others now and so all fundraisers for Wild Hill Honey are now closed.Police are continuing their investigation into the vandalism where 50 bee hives and around a half million bees were destroyed.
Injured Shahin Bepari on a wheelchair. Photo: UNBAnother US-Bangla plane crash victim died at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) on Monday afternoon, taking the death toll from the accident to 50.Shahin Bepari, who was undergoing treatment at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of DMCH burn and plastic surgery unit with 32 per cent burn injuries, breathed his last around 4:45pm, said the unit’s coordinator Samanta Lal Sen, reports UNB.On 18 March, Shahin Bepari was brought back to Bangladesh from Nepal by a flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines and admitted to the DMCH.Earlier, at least 49 people, including 26 Bangladeshis, were killed as an aircraft of US-Bangla Airlines from Dhaka to Kathmandu crashed at Tribhuvan International Airport in the capital of Himalayan country Nepal on 12 March.With the death of Shahin, the number of Bangladeshi nationals killed in the accident rose to 27.Meanwhile, five more Bangladeshi survivors-Mehedi Hasan, Saiyada Kamrunnahar Shwarna, Almun Nahar Annie, Sheikh Rashed Rubayet and Shahreen Ahmed-are now undergoing treatment at the DMCH.
Islamic StateThe Bangladeshi nationals, who went to Syria to fight for Islamic State (IS), may now return home as the militant group is about to be uprooted from the pockets in the civil war-torn Middle East country.In such a context, alerts have been issued at all airports, according to officials at Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit of the police.”We guess, the Bangladeshis who went to Syria have planned to return home. Airports have been asked to remain alert about any possible situation,” CTTC unit chief Monirul Islam told Prothom Alo.He said airports have been provided with necessary information along with suspected militants’ photos so that they cannot avoid arrest and officials have been asked to ensure that.The CTTC unit chief said the militant suspects will require passports and travel documents to enter Bangladesh.However, he added, it is assumed that they lost passports immediately after joining the IS. In that case, they can contact Bangladesh embassy in Turkey and officials there have also been asked to take necessary steps.The police official could not confirm identity of those who are actually trying to return.The last stronghold of IS in Syria was reportedly lost on Saturday.Around 800 foreign militants were detained by the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF). The US has called for their trial in their respective home countries.The police officials said the government of Bangladesh has no intention to bring such militants back and try them.Sources in the law enforcement said they have confirmed that two Bangladeshi passport holders — Ibrahim Hasan Khan and his brother Zunayed Hasan Khan want to return. Their family lived in Saudi Arabia for long although these two brothers went to Syria via Dhaka. Before leaving Bangladesh, they lived in a house in Bashundhara residential area.It is learnt that physician Rokonuddin, who went to Syria along with his family, has been trying to return, officials said.Dhaka Shisu Hospital physician Rokonuddin along with his wife Naima Akhtar, daughter Ramita Rokon and Rewana Rokon and son-in-law Sad Kayes left the country to join the IS.According to the law enforcement agencies, a total of 40 Bangladeshi passport holders left the country to join the IS. It is believed that half of them died.Efforts are on to find out whereabouts of the rest, likely to be around 20 millitants.An official at the CTTC unit said some people possessing Bangladeshi passports may join the IS from other countries. At least one of such person has been detected. There are four to five Bangladeshis in Baghouz in eastern Syria where IS was defeated on Saturday. However, their fates are yet to be known.Kurdish news agency ANHA published a report on detainees captured by SDF in Syria last month. It quoted Bangladeshi physician Arafat Rahman Tushar who went to Syria from Bangladesh.”The Caliphate movement has come to an end. There is no trace of the caliph for whose call we went to Syria,” ANHA quoted Tushar as saying.Ishfaq Ilahi Chowdhury, a retired air commodore, said those, who went to Syria, denied identity of their state and showed allegiance to the IS. “They should not be brought back under any circumstance,” he said adding that they would not be allowed to be regrouped.Ilahi said it is true that IS was defeated in Syria, but there are some videos posted on social media where their activists and supporters are threatening to regroup.*This report, originally published in Prothom Alo print edition, has been rewritten in English by Rabiul Islam
As Amazon burns, Vatican prepares for summit on region’s faith and sustainabilit … August 30, 2019 Adelle M. Banks Adelle M. Banks, production editor and a national reporter, joined RNS in 1995. An award-winning journalist, she previously was the religion reporter at the Orlando Sentinel and a reporter at The Providence Journal and newspapers in the upstate New York communities of Syracuse and Binghamton.,Add Comment Click here to post a comment By: Adelle M. Banks AMBankstw Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email Photos of the Week By: Adelle M. Banks AMBankstw Instagram apostasy stirs controversy over Christian ‘influencers’ August 30, 2019 Tags#MeToo Breakthrough Christian movies DeVon Franklin Faithful Viewer homepage featured inspirational movie men sex abuse sexual harassment sexual misconduct Top Story,You may also like Share This! Share This! Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email Adelle M. Banks AMBankstw Share This! Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.,How Hind Makki is changing the conversation around women’s inclusion in mosques Catholicism News • Photos of the Week Photos of the Week August 30, 2019 Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email,About the authorView All Posts Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email,(RNS) — Christian movie producer DeVon Franklin is preparing for his third film to hit theaters just before Easter weekend.But “Breakthrough,” a movie about a teen’s recovery from spending 15 minutes under broken ice in a frozen lake, has not been his sole focus in recent months.Franklin, the author of “The Truth About Men: What Men and Women Need to Know,” was called on by the Willow Creek Association as it held recent discussions on how churches and individuals can avoid and address allegations of sexual misconduct.Franklin, 40, who was raised in the Seventh-day Adventist faith, talked with Religion News Service about Christian film success, how men should respond to the #MeToo movement, and the importance of observing the Sabbath.The interview was edited for length and clarity.You are a Hollywood producer, an ordained minister and the author of a new book about men and the #MeToo era. How do you juggle these three seemingly disparate areas of your life?I don’t view them as disparate. My goal in everything I do is to uplift and inspire and use entertainment as a way to do that. So anything I’m doing, whether it’s writing a book, or producing a movie, or speaking or preaching, it’s all with the same goal: How does the person that is engaging with me relative to what I’m doing in that moment — how can their life become potentially better or how can I say something or do something that can inspire them?It’s like one wheel, just different spokes.DeVon Franklin. Courtesy photoHow did you learn about the story behind “Breakthrough,” and how much is it a true story rather than “based on a true story”?I found out about “Breakthrough” while I was promoting “Miracles from Heaven.” I met the family, Joyce Smith and (her son) John Smith, and Pastor Jason Noble. And when I heard their story I was blown away. It was just so captivating. I just knew that I had to bring it to the big screen.When you look at films, there’s “based on a true story,” there’s “inspired by a true story,” there’s “inspired by true events,” but based on a true story is when it’s closest to the real story. And “Breakthrough” is without a doubt based on a true story.“Breakthrough” comes to theaters around Easter. How has the success of your previous productions, including the animated Christmas movie, “The Star,” enabled you to present this new one?I think every success is like stair steps — one leads to the other. And so “Breakthrough” being my third produced film, certainly, is building on the success of “The Star” and building on the success of “Miracles from Heaven.”In “The Star,” celebrities like Oprah Winfrey and Kristin Chenoweth added their voices to that story. In “Breakthrough,” main characters are portrayed by actress Chrissy Metz and actor Mike Colter. Has there been a shift in the willingness of mainstream actors and actresses to appear in Christian films?Yes. What is amazing about this story “Breakthrough” — it’s a true story, and I think that sometimes the desire to put it in the faith-based genre sometimes overshines the fact that it’s true. And more people are looking to do a true story because they connect to it more so than it being a part of the faith-based genre per se. So it’s a blessing that these projects are able to get the attention of such incredible talent.Following the example of other brother filmmaker teams, there’s a movie called “Sinners Wanted” that just premiered at a black megachurch in Maryland in March. Do you see more people trying to develop Christian films for the big screen? And do you think those smaller projects have more of a chance of being recognized by Hollywood than in the past?I’m not familiar with that particular movie. I do think that there’s a lot of growth in this space. The Erwin brothers, who are my good friends, they did “I Can Only Imagine.” And that success led to an incredible new opportunity with Lionsgate for more projects to come through, which is great.I have my deal here at Fox. The Kendrick brothers, who also do inspirational faith-based movies, they have a deal with Sony. I think ultimately as the right movies are developed and people find them, it’ll allow for even more new filmmakers and new films that may not currently be on the radar to emerge.DeVon Franklin, from left, Jeff Lockyer and Danielle Strickland participate in a panel discussion about sexual misconduct with the Willow Creek Association near Chicago. Video screenshotTurning to a completely different subject, you have spoken in a new video resource about ministry and #MeToo. What are some key tips you suggest for men to help reduce the chances of women becoming victims of sexual abuse or harassment?One of the reasons why I wanted to write the book is because I do believe that, as men, we need to become better. And part of that is learning to love, and that means considering others’ needs before ours and putting our integrity and our character above the desire to sometimes feed those selfish impulses.I challenge every man to not look at the #MeToo movement as a women’s movement. It’s not. We need to be a part of this movement. Whether we have been harassed ourselves or not, we need to help. It takes both of us to get it done. We have to be a part of the solution ’cause if not, I think we’re part of the problem.You had spoken about how the #MeToo movement can cause some men to feel that they can’t or shouldn’t hire women who may be most qualified for a position in their church or other organization. What’s your advice for them?My advice is to not allow fear to dictate decision-making, because, any man that’s afraid to hire a woman, it’s because of fear and a misconception of what’s really going on.I think that it’s important that we hire the very best people. And if that happens to be a woman, we need to hire her. And, to me, a man that’s afraid to do that says more about the man than it does the woman. And it’s so important to not use #MeToo as an excuse to be afraid.Let’s use #MeToo and #TimesUp as an excuse to become better and do that in every area of our life, including our hiring practices.As someone raised in the Seventh-day Adventist faith, how do you keep your Sabbath even as you work on round-the-clock projects related to film and faith?The first day that I was in Hollywood, I literally said when I was interviewing for the company that managed Will Smith, “I won’t take this internship if it requires me to work on the Sabbath.” And, every single job that I’ve ever taken since then, I’ve made it a part of it.And observing the Sabbath is so important for a number of reasons, not just spiritual reasons, but also practical reasons. We are not built to run 24/7. And what I have found is if we block out some time to rest, people conform around that. I’ve been on set, producing films, and then I’m like, “Hey, all right, the sun is almost down. I got to go.”It’s been integral to my success. And I highly recommend it to everyone ’cause I think it really makes a big difference. By: Adelle M. Banks AMBankstw Share This! Share This! News