Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo spoke of his disappointment following his side’s 2-2 draw with Juventus in a pulsating Champions League tussle at Stamford Bridge.Oscar’s double – which included a magnificent 25-yard strike – put the European champions in control.But the Italians hit back and, despite only managing two shots on target, were good value for their point.Di Matteo told Sky Sports: “It was a very good football game and both teams could have won it. We had chances to get a third goal and probably close the game but it was probably a deserved draw.“We were in a great position to win the game and only got a draw but we knew we were playing a quality side.“We made a couple of mistakes on their goals but they had good movement and quality finishing as well.“We feel a bit deflated because we were ahead but it will be a tough group and we move on to the next game now.”Oscar’s performance on his first start for the club was a definite plus for Di Matteo.The Blues boss said: “It was a terrific debut for him. We were waiting for the right game to put him into the team and it was wonderful to watch him.“He played a very big role for us and the second goal was fantastic.”See also:Juventus hit back after Oscar’s doubleChelsea to assess Oscar ankle injuryChelsea v Juve player ratingsDi Matteo expects quick Sturridge returnFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Earlier this year, the Department of Energy, through its Builder Technology Program, put out request-for-proposals to manufacturers and vendors interested in selling triple-glazed and low-e windows at volume and at affordable prices. The ultimate aim was to help builders and other industry professionals overcome the principal barrier to their use of R-5 and low-e windows – cost.By February 19, the proposal deadline, more than 50 prospective participants had responded. And on Thursday, May 27, 30 vendors and 23 key partners will participate in the BTP’s public launch of the Highly Insulating R5 Windows and Low-e Storm Windows Volume Purchase Program, scheduled for 3 p.m. at the National Association of Home Builders headquarters 1201 15th Street NW, Washington, D.C. Of more interest to most builders and remodelers is the fact that the program’s official website is scheduled to go live at the same time (check the BTP information page here for the new web address and program developments).The DOE also is presenting a free 90-minute webinar – “Cost-Effective Triple Pane (R-5) and Low-e Storm Windows: Available Now” – on June 22, which is designed to explain how the program work and to highlight the performance characteristics of the windows. The target audience, the DOE says, includes weatherization agencies, housing authorities, builders, contractors, and distributors. Although access to the webinar is free, participants must register in advance to obtain the webinar URL, an access password, and the phone number for audio. Click here for details about the webinar. Click here to register in advance.
This tutorial by video pro Caleb Pike showcases an inexpensive dual light setup, his favorite tool for lighting interviews.When Caleb Pike from DSLRVideoShooter has a recommendation, we listen. In the following video he shows off a simple homemade lighting rig that’s both affordable, versatile and easy to use.Utilizing a C-Stand with a double (or triple) header bar you can mount two lights on the same stand. This makes for a quick setup that’s easy to adjust position. Caleb them mounts a silk in front of the lights (which in the case of the tutorial is an inexpensive light reflector). He estimates cost of the whole setup between $300 and $800 depending on the lights you choose to use.The tutorial finishes out with Caleb showing a few interview examples that were shot using this lighting setup (even light that really makes the subjects ‘pop’).Thanks for sharing your lighting setup, Caleb!
Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhanspeaks on issues pertaining to Odisha and Chief Minister and Biju Janata Dal leader Naveen Patnaik’s ‘opportunistic’ politics.Looking back, was it politic to give such a build-up to the Bijepur Assembly byelection, seeing that the party lost?We will fight as hard as the Opposition is fighting the polls. In this bypoll, we were able to consolidate the party vote, we could measure our strength. Naveen Patnaik’s strength is brute power and misuse of government machinery. This will not be able to hold during the general elections as could be done in bypolls. The writing on the wall in Odisha is for a big change. That is very evident from the campaigns that we are running and the response of the public.Chief minister Naveen Patnaik says he is equidistant from the BJP and the Opposition; he has supported Prime Minister Modi on simultaneous polls but opposed him on Ayushman Bharat. How do you view his blow hot, blow cold vibe?Naveen Patnaik is one of the most opportunistic politicians of the country, in the way that he picks and chooses issues to oppose and support. He is not being equidistant but displaying equi-convenience. Odisha has had, since 2004, Assembly polls together with the general elections, so it costs him nothing to support the move for simultaneous polls. If you are so aligned to Prime Minister Modi’s thinking, then do see that his philosophy is to build Team India.Mr. Patnaik’s has objected to Central review of all major social sector projects, whether it is on the question of aspirational districts, health or even Swachh Bharat. He stood on the shoulders of Vajpayeejiand Advanijito stabilise himself. It has been his strategy to speak of equidistance and confuse everyone, and to manage the Opposition in this way. In 2009, he broke his alliance with us, and managed the Congress for four months and stayed in power. In 2014, he took the Leader of the Opposition to his side. So his so-called equidistance has nothing to do with ideology.You are supporting the demand to designate the song Bande Utkala Janani as the State anthem. Isn’t this a move to encourage sub-regional nationalism?In 1936, Odisha was the first State to be declared a linguistic one, after an agitation for a greater Odisha. We have been singing this song since then. Why did we raise this issue? Naveen Patnaik has a tendency to raise issues that he has nothing to do with or has no jurisdiction over, like registering hockey as the national game. The Biju Janata Dal (BJD) is a regional party. The Odisha Assembly had passed a resolution asking that it be made a State anthem, in 2006, under the BJD regime. Why wasn’t it done?You have attacked the BJP-led Chhattisgarh government over the Mahanadi dispute — does that make for a conflict of interest?Wasn’t there a conflict of interest over the dispute over Narmada water in the past? Won’t Karnataka BJP and Tamil Nadu BJP speak about the interests of their State unit when it comes to the Cauvery river dispute? Every State unit, regardless of the party, has a narrative and commitment to fulfil and reflect the aspirations of that State; for that we took a stand and we will not allow Odisha’s interests to be compromised.The BJD has failed on the irrigation front in Odisha. As Prime Minister Modi pointed out last month, the State hasn’t been able to save even one millimetre of water from running off into the sea. To hide this failure, the BJD government has picked a fight with Chhattisgarh, and the latter on its part did selective interpretations of the rules. They (Chhattisgarh) have made a few dams upriver and which they say are for irrigation purposes of under 2,000 hectares but are also being deployed for industrial use and do not therefore, have to go to the Central Water Commission (CWC). The law of the land is grey on what comes under the CWC and only deals with irrigation. We have protested that.BJD leader Baijayant Panda recently quit the party. Will he be joining the BJP?Any right-thinking person cannot stay with the BJD as it is functioning today. Anybody who believes in the leadership of Prime Minister Modi and the BJP ideology is welcome.What do you make of recent attempts at forging an Opposition unity against the BJP?Even in the 2014 polls the same forces were ranged against us. These parties want to polarise society and come to power but the mood in the country has changed. Polls since 2014 prove Prime Minister Modi’s popularity is undiminished.
WILMINGTON, MA — Below are real estate transactions in Wilmington during the week of October 7, 2018:Address: 7 Bailey RoadPrice: $517,500Buyer: Dennis Williams & Preethi JeyasekaranSeller: Geeta ChakravarthyDate: 10/11/18Use: 1-Family ResidenceLot Size: 12,197sfAddress: 6 Kendall StreetPrice: $689,000Buyer: Mary KrupinskiSeller: Jobeal Capital LLCDate: 10/9/18Use: 1-Family ResidenceLot Size: 13,504sfAddress: 2 Moore StreetPrice: $420,000Buyer: Charles McCauley & Barbara McCauleySeller: Robert A. Marino & Carol A. MarinoDate: 10/12/18Use: 1-Family ResidenceLot Size: 22,651sfAddress: 23 Oakdale RoadPrice: $306,900Buyer: Debra A. Goldberg, Trustee for Golden RTSeller: David J. Winston & Maura E. FinchDate: 10/10/18Use: 1-Family ResidenceLot Size: 10,019sfLike Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedRecent Wilmington Real Estate TransactionsIn “Business”Recent Wilmington Real Estate TransactionsIn “Business”Recent Wilmington Real Estate TransactionsIn “Business”
Car Industry 50 Photos Review • Tesla Model 3 Review: Performance trim Tags Elon Musk Preview • 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance: The future, quicker Enlarge ImageElon Musk appeared pretty happy after leaving federal court in April, even though he’s still subject to oversight on some potential tweet material. Spencer Platt/Getty Images Elon Musk and the US Securities and Exchange Commission may have finally quashed their beef, with Musk avoiding a contempt charge, but that doesn’t mean every SEC commissioner is on board with the final deal.Musk and the SEC reached an agreement Friday over what public statements require legal oversight before posting. Yet, a statement from SEC commissioner Robert Jackson shows that there is some dissent within the group’s ranks.”Given Mr. Musk’s conduct, I cannot support a settlement in which he does not admit what is crystal clear to anyone who has followed this bizarre series of events: Mr. Musk breached the agreement he made last year with the Commission — and with American investors,” Jackson said Tuesday in a statement.The settlement, which was publicized shortly after both parties asked a federal judge for an extension in negotiations, added clearer and more enforceable language regarding what Musk can and can’t tweet without requiring the green light from a securities lawyer. The agreement, which can be read in full below, forbids Musk from oversight-free public comments (read: tweets) about production or delivery numbers, comments on the company’s financial health, new lines of business unrelated to current lines of business and more. Musk first ended up in hot water with the SEC after his infamous “funding secured” tweet, in which he claimed Tesla had secured the dough to go private at $420 per share. That never happened, and the SEC eventually filed a lawsuit against Musk, alleging securities fraud. That happened late in 2018, but Musk again found himself in the SEC’s crosshairs in early 2019, after the SEC alleged a couple tweets about production numbers were enough for a contempt charge. Last week’s settlement means Musk has avoided the charge, but that doesn’t mean the SEC won’t keep a watchful eye on his Twitter account for a long time to come. 2020 BMW M340i review: A dash of M makes everything better Post a comment 2020 Kia Telluride review: Kia’s new SUV has big style and bigger value Tesla Model 3 barrels through the snow in Track Mode More From Roadshow 2020 Hyundai Palisade review: Posh enough to make Genesis jealous 0 Tesla Share your voice More about 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Share Listen To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: 00:00 /00:00 – / 5Officials estimate Hurricane Harvey has damaged more than 126,000 homes in the Houston region. Putting things back together is a monumental job, requiring thousands of workers. But it may also be raising a risk for the most vulnerable of workers: day laborers.Like many large cities, Houston has dozens of corners where day laborers gather to find work. Many of them are undocumented, like Jose David Lizardo. He said he comes to this corner on most days, to find work.“After the catastrophe there was a lot of work,” Lizardo said, in Spanish. “But previously, there was very little [work].”And while jobs are in abundance, Lizardo said it’s difficult when an employer refuses to pay him, or puts him in danger. “Most of the time, they come only for the labor. They do not take safety into account, [or] the protection for the workers,” Lizardo said. “These days we see a lot of racism. They see us and they know we are Hispanic. They specifically go where the Hispanics are, because they know we are looking for work….There is some fear [to report abuse], because we are not protected.”Lizardo said he feels like workers in the undocumented community are not protected, especially with the emergence of Texas’ so-called “anti-sanctuary cities” law, Senate Bill 4. And Marianela Acuña Arreaza, Executive Director of the Fe y Justicia Worker Center, said recovery storm work augments already existing problems.“After a storm, there is definitely the urgency to get a lot of work done…. But at the same time, protecting people’s ability to take breaks when they need them. Especially when they’re still dealing with other safety risks. For example, like heat and lack of ventilation and things like that,” said Acuña. “That always exist in Houston, even before storm, but is so much worse after.”In Texas, private employers have the choice whether to provide workers’ compensation, if an injury happens on the job. That’s different than most states. And Houston Lawyer Tom Padgett said natural disasters bring up a flurry of potential hazards.“There’s going to be a big danger of exposure to chemicals, mold, disease, bacteria. That floodwater was a toxic mix—just a toxic environment,” said Padgett. “And working in those environments, you have to have the proper safety equipment.”Under federal law, all workers are entitled to safe working conditions. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) said it has 23 staff members operating in the Houston area, to identify hazards and keep safety a priority during clean up. But Padgett said it’s inherently difficult for OSHA regulations to be enforced – especially after Harvey.“I think it would be virtually impossible,” said Padgett. “If we even had enough OSHA regulators to go around and monitor, and check and make sure employers are doing it properly, they wouldn’t be able to be everywhere they needed to be.”Padgett said the economic stress that comes with post-hurricane work is also a perfect storm for wage theft.Acuña said wage theft is already a huge issue in Texas, and she has already received complaints from workers who say they are victims of wage theft from Harvey-related work.Video Playerhttps://cdn.hpm.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/29110257/wage-theft-video-fixed.mp400:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.Acuña provided News 88.7 with this cell phone video. She said it’s from a worker who claims to have been a victim of wage theft, after working on a flooded apartment complex on the west side of Houston.But there’s also another wrinkle to post-Harvey recovery work, if you look at today’s political climate.According to the Migration Policy Institute, just under a quarter of the undocumented population in Texas works in construction. That’s over 200,000 workers who are especially vulnerable, when faced with employment issues.And undocumented worker Jose David Lizardo said it has been a problem. In addition to general wage theft and safety issues, Lizardo told News 88.7 people have routinely shouted slurs at Hispanic workers, who wait on Houston corners for day jobs. He even said one of his past employers, in Louisiana, made workers wear “Make America Great Again” hats.Lizardo said he sends money over to his family of seven, back in Honduras. And while he would like to fight for money he claims he’s owed, according to Lizardo, there’s not enough time to deal with it. He has to keep going.EDITOR’S NOTE: This story has been corrected. The Migration Policy Institute’s statistic is just under a quarter of Texas’ undocumented population works in construction; not just under a quarter of Texas construction workers are undocumented. X