Cricket News When He Comes Back, We Will Give Him A Tight Hug: Mahmudullah On Shakib Al Hasan

first_imgNew Delhi: Bangladesh suffered a massive jolt in their build-up to the series against India after their superstar all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan was handed a two-year ban, one of which is suspended by the International Cricket Council for failing to report corrupt approaches on numerous occasions. Two years ago, Shakib had received an offer from a bookie, which he did not report to the ICC’s Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU). Responding to the ICC action, Shakib said that he was “extremely sad” by the ICC action but admitted the charges. However, Mahmudullah, the Bangladesh skipper appointed in place of Shakib, has said the left-arm all-rounder will always be welcome in the team once his ban ends.”Let me tell you. We loved Shakib, still love Shakib and will continue loving Shakib. And when he comes back, he will be welcomed with open arms. When he enters the dressing room, we will all give him a tight hug,” Mahmudullah said. Shakib is likely to miss the World Twenty20 in Australia too because his ban will not be over before the flagship event begins in Australia next year. Shakib’s ban ends on October 29, 2020 while the marquee event begins on October 18.Mahmudullah now wants the younger lot should raise their hands and perform and is happy that they have been able to unearth an effective wrist spinner to go with very strong fast bowling department.Also Read | Toxic Air, Shakib Al Hasan Ban Dominates India Vs Bangladesh T20I Build-Up”Young (Aminul Islam) Biplab is a good find. We wanted to have a good wrist spinner in our side. He showed his potential in the last series against Afghanistan. But in India, it will be different conditions. They have been dominating series at their home. It’s time for players to grab the opportunity. If you see our fast bowling department, we have good fast bowlers. Mashrafe (Mortaza), Mutafizur Rahaman and Shafi (Mohammed Saifuddin) are experienced. It’s a proper opportunity for us to show our performance in this tour,” Mahmudullah said.  For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

NFF to Announce Paul Le Guen as New Eagles Coach Today

first_imgBy Duro IkhazuagbeNigeria’s football authorities are set to announce Frenchman, Paul Le Guen as the new Manager of the Super Eagles today in Abuja.Le Guen, 52, is expected to assume duty immediately after concluding talks on his contract which is speculated to be in the region of $45,000 per month. The contract is initially for three years with chances of being renewed based on performance.The former Oman national team coach qualified the Indomitable Lions of Cameroun for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. He is also coming to the Nigerian job with a rich background of also having coached Brest, Nantes, Lyon, Rennes and Paris Saint-Germain and Glasgow Rangers in Scotland at club level.The other European coach shortlisted along with Le Guen and Salisu Yusuf for the job, Belgian Tom Sainfiet ruled himself out of the running for the Eagles top post after he assumed duty as coach of Bangladesh last week.THISDAY learnt at the weekend that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has secured a deal with that will take care of the salaries of the national coaches including that of Le Guen.Although NFF chiefs are still keeping the name of the company out of the press for now, it is believed that the football federation will have no problem picking the bills of the French coach.“NFF will not have problem with the payment of Le Guen’s salaries at all. It has secured a good deal that will take care of that and even those of other coaches in the other national teams,” revealed the credible source yesterday.THISDAY also learnt that the new Super Eagles coach is going to be accommodated in choice part of Abuja to ensure that he is not distracted from the target of qualifying Nigeria for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.Qualifying matches of the group stage are scheduled to begin in October with Nigeria paired along with Algeria, Cameroun and Zambia.According to the source, the company to bankroll the salaries of the new coach is not the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) earlier speculation to have entered a partnership with the NFF.“No, the new sponsor is not NNPC. Discussions of possible collaboration was ongoing as at the time newspapers speculated that NFF had secured NNPC deal to pay for a new manager for Eagles,” stressed the top sports official at the weekend.More than 20 coaches applied for the Super Eagles post from which the NFF Technical and Development Committee shortlisted the final three.Giovanni Solinas, Saintfiet, Hey Antoine, Mark Wotte, Yusuf, Ernesto Paulo Calvinho, Dorian Marin, Le Guen, Miodrag Jesic, Perry Hansen, Ove Pedersen, Adebayo Lateef Kola, Sylvanus Okpala, Peter Ijeh, Vladimir Petrovic-Pizon, Lodewijk de Kruif, Kenichi Yatsuhashi, Bjorn Frank Peters and Ricki Herbert are among those who applied for the vacant position.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Judge issues tentative ruling dismissing suit against KABC radio, host

first_imgMcIntyre exploited a combination of anti-immigration sentiment and the nation’s fear of Islamic terrorists to “create a racist fury against Latino school children, teachers, administrators and staff at the school,” according to the lawsuit. Among other remarks to his listeners, McIntyre said “Is this a reconquista school?”; “This school is ranked the lowest of the low in the LAUSD and in the state of California”; and “Aztecs butchered and ate Spanish invaders. I wonder if they’re teaching that at ASDP,” according to the lawsuit. McIntyre said Aguilar’s job was to “keep his school, his madrasa school, open so they can train the next generation of Aztec revolutionaries,” according to the lawsuit. The radio host also used “code words” aimed at a target audience to rile up listeners and create a backlash against the school and Aguilar, the plaintiffs allege. As a result, they say, the school received many threats of violence, including a bomb threat that caused an evacuation of the campus. In a declaration submitted to the court on Oct. 15, McIntyre said he found the bomb threat against the school deplorable and offered $1,000 of his own money as a reward for bringing the perpetrator to justice. “That offer remains standing today,” McIntyre’s declaration states. McIntyre also denied his use of the word “madrasa” was meant to insinuate that the school was teaching students jihadist philosophy or instructing them how they could become revolutionaries. Although Aguilar appeared on other KABC radio shows, he refused to be interviewed by McIntyre, according to the broadcaster. Meanwhile, a man who aimed his car at KABC radio reporter Sandy Wells and snatched the newsman’s audiotape as he tried to interview parents and others outside the school on June 1, 2006, was sentenced in May to three years probation. Ramon Flores also was ordered to pay $174 to Wells — who jumped out of the way of the speeding sedan and escaped injury — and complete 400 hours of service on a Caltrans crew. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! A judge today tentatively dismissed a lawsuit brought by a Los Angeles charter campus against KABC-AM and its morning host, alleging he led an on-air, racist campaign against the school that led to a bomb scare. Academia Semillas Del Pueblo and its principal director of operations, Marcos Aguilar, filed the lawsuit May 17 in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleging slander and civil rights violations. Superior Court Judge Ralph W. Dau stated in a written ruling that the remarks made by “McIntyre in the Morning” host Doug McIntyre were opinion and not a “command to imminent violence or other lawless action.” After hearing arguments this morning from the attorneys concerning his ruling, Dau said he was taking the case under submission. He did not give a date for a final ruling. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre Aguilar attended the hearing, but McIntyre, whose program airs from 5-9 a.m. daily, was not present. Outside the courtroom, Daniel J. Bramzon, a lawyer for Aguilar and the school, contended that regardless of the final decision, Aguilar has made “a David and Goliath stand against hate speech.” James J. Moneer, another attorney for Aguilar and the school, argued the statute being used by the radio station and McIntyre to try and get the suit thrown out was never intended to protect the statements made by the veteran broadcaster. However, Seth D. Berlin, a lawyer for the station and McIntyre, said McIntyre’s show is not a hard-news broadcast, but one in which he freely gives his opinions on social issues of the day. Often those views are expressed through satire and rhetorical flourish, he told the judge. The lawsuit alleges McIntyre began criticizing various aspects of the school in May 2006, including its funding, curriculum, demographics, administrators and educational statistics, all in order to increase his show’s ratings. last_img read more