Will fill space lost by AAP, SAD: Khaira

first_imgSukhpal Singh Khaira, who resigned from the primary membership of the AAP, said on Monday that his new outfit will fill the political space “lost” by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) in Punjab. He also said that he would announce the name of his new political outfit on Tuesday. Mr. Khaira, who has not resigned as MLA, dared the AAP leadership to get him disqualified under the anti-defection law.The legislator from Bholath had quit the AAP on Sunday, six months after he was ousted from the post of Leader of Opposition. “Both the SAD and the AAP have lost political space in Punjab. The AAP lost space because of wrong policies and the Akali Dal over sacrilege issues. To fill this vacuum and for the cause of Punjab, we are going to announce a new political party tomorrow,” Mr. Khaira told reporters here.‘AAP targeting me’ “I have resigned from the primary membership of the party. They want me to leave the seat and again contest the election to test popularity. They are full of hatred and targeting me,” he said. Mr. Khaira said the Punjab Democratic Alliance would meet later this week to a take a call on whether to contest the Lok Sabha polls or not.last_img read more

DP World CDPQ Join Forces to Invest in Ports and Terminals

first_imgzoom Dubai-based port and terminal operator DP World and North America’s pension fund managers Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) have joined forces to create an investment vehicle to invest in ports and terminals globally, excluding the United Arab Emirates.The investment platform, which totals USD 3.7 billion, with DP World holding a 55% share and CDPQ the remaining 45%, will invest in these assets across their life cycle, with a focus on investment grade countries.DP World said that the investment would cover mostly existing assets, with up to 25% invested in greenfield opportunities.The investment vehicle will be seeded with two of DP World’s Canadian container terminals, located on the Pacific Coast in Vancouver and Prince Rupert, with CDPQ acquiring a 45% stake of the combined assets for USD 640 million.CDPQ’s investment in the two Canadian terminals are subject to a number of customary regulatory approvals.“The opportunity landscape in the port and terminal sector remains significant and this partnership offers us greater flexibility to capitalise on these opportunities while maintaining a strong balance sheet and retaining control,” Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Group Chairman and CEO, DP World, said.last_img read more