…ranch owner flees from policeA cattle farmer who owns a ranch in the backlands of Bloomfield Village, Corentyne, Region 6 fled with his employees on Sunday last (November 19) upon seeing a party of Police approaching; but one of his workers, a 27-year-old labourer of Tain Settlement, Corentyne, has been apprehended by the Police and is currently in custody assisting with investigations.The police say they had gone to the Bloomfield ranch after cattle farmer Nandkishore Tagram of Number 62 Village, Corentyne, Berbice had gone to the Number 62 Police Outpost on Friday last (November 17) and lodged a report that forty (40) head of his cattle, including calves branded with his registered brand — DON14 – had gone missing after they were left to graze outside of his ranch at Number 62 Village Backlands.Acting on information received, Police then proceeded to the Bloomfield ranch in the company of Tagram, but the ranch’s owner prevented the police party from gaining entry to the ranch to check if the animals were there.As such, on the following day, a larger party of police ranks returned to the Bloomfield ranch, owned by a resident of the neighbouring village of Letter Kenny, Corentyne; and on seeing the officers, the owner and some workers fled.According to the police in a statement, “twenty-three (23) of the missing cows, including three (3) calves, eighteen (18) of which bore the victim’s brand number, were recovered at the ranch.”The owner of the Bloomfield ranch is currently being sought by the police.
Twenty-four-year-old Orlando Persaud of Parika Backdam, East Bank Essequibo (EBE), was on Monday evening last stabbed to his chest by his uncle during an argument at a relative’s birthday party.Based on reports gathered, Persaud and his uncle have been at odds for a number of years but they were both invited to a relative’s birthday party. While there, they were seen imbibing alcohol but after some time, Persaud left the celebration.However, Persaud returned to the party and an argument broke out between him and the suspect. Although family members intervened and attempted to stop the argument, the men continued, which ultimately led to a scuffle.They were eventually separated by family members and Persaud was left lying on the ground.It was only until it was observed that the man was bleeding from his left side chest did the family members realise that he had been injured.The suspect reportedly left the scene on a bicycle while Persaud was picked up and rushed to the Leonora Cottage Hospital but was later transferred to the West Demerara Regional Hospital (WDRH) where he is presently being treated.The matter has since been reported to the police and an investigation was launched.
Porto are trying to persuade Tottenham to allow Erik Lamela to join them on loan.The Argentine has endured a frustrating couple of seasons in north London, showing only glimpses of his potential.According to Portuguese news outlet Record, Porto have made contact with Spurs about a loan move which could transpire into a permanent deal at the end of the 2015/16 campaign.Inter Milan are also keeping tabs on Lamela’s situation but Porto are apparently prepared to pay a fee of just over £5m if Lamela’s loan spell is successful.That would represent a significant financial loss for Spurs, who paid around £30m for the 23-year-old in 2013.Lamela has made 63 appearances for Tottenham, scoring six goals and laying on 14 assists. Erik Lamela 1
A JURY has begun deliberations at the Central Criminal Court in Dublin in a case against a man accused of raping a girl at a teenage disco.The man, now 20, was 15 at the time of the alleged attack at the youth disco in Co Donegal. His alleged victim was 14.She has already told the jury that the boy grabbed her and took her into the toilets where he raped her in a cubicle. She reported the alleged incident to her mother seven months later. The man later told gardai he didn’t remember being in the toilets on the night of the disco in December 2010. He is entitled to anonymity in the case because he was 15 at the time.Ms Justice Margaret Heneghan told the jury that consent was a constituent legal factor in the offence of rape but that the law says a person under 15 cannot consent.She said if the prosecution had proved beyond reasonable doubt that the accused had sex with the complainant they must convict him of rape.She said assault was intentional unwanted touching and sexual assault was assault where the touching was of an indecent nature.Ms Justice Heneghan said that where a person below a certain age engaged in sexual activity it would not be consent even if the person appeared an enthusiastic participant.She said that, additionally, a 1935 Act states that it it is not a defence to a charge of indecent assault on a person under the age of 15 years to prove that the person consented to the alleged act.The jury will continue deliberations today.JURY SENT OUT IN TEENAGE DISCO RAPE TRIAL was last modified: January 15th, 2016 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)