On Antonio Conte“It is the choice of the club and I think when you look at his record he made a good spell in Juventus getting the title in Italy so it is always good because this club is always keen to play for wins and titles. It is always a big job regardless the circumstances where Chelsea have been in this yearBut he is equipped and able and he is used to getting the pressure which is always on big clubs to get titles. He was presented on Monday and also requested if he could come and meet and shake hands with the players. I didn’t have any obstruction to that so we met very briefly and that was the Tuesday.”Conte is said to have recommended a number of possible signings to ChelseaOn advice for the new manager regarding Eden Hazard“It is rather easy to answer for me because I am not responsible for next year’s spell so you have to ask the people who are in charge. It is not good for me to go into too much of looking into the future and whatever the philosophy and strategy might be of the next directors and management team.”On John Terry“If I have something to say and like to express my thoughts and feelings then I will do it directly.”On injuries“The news is that we have a few injured players. So we will bring in some youngsters. John Terry is not available still – a little bit of. A problem with his Achilles like last week. He is not available.“He was on the pitch making his exercise but is not fully recovered. Costa is out. Hazard is still out, Matic is out and Remy will be out. But nevertheless we will bring some youngsters in as we did last week.”On playing for pride“We said before the last game that when you play as a player in a big club, although not at the level the club is used to being in the last years, then pride comes in.“They have not got just an obligation to perform but when you are at a big club you must play with a lot of pride which they did in the last game as well and before which I cannot complain about.”On his future “I am not the youngest although I love to be on the pitch with a lot o energy every day with the young guys and with the guys who are established in international football. But also with the guys who are knocking on the door – the guys from the academy. That is always an interesting challenge to see where the guys go and I try to help them out.“I will not do anything on a daily basis. I said that a few years ago but I cannot say categorically no. Until you get a signal from the staff and the players ‘hey old man get off the pitch’ but I don’t feel that at this moment.”On Loic Remy “I don’t know when he will be recovered but it is as groin problem. It will last. I don’t know exactly but when you have that problem you cannot train properly there are only a few games left. It is difficult.”Remy has been unable to establish himself as a first-team playerOn Gary CahillWe will do a test whether he is fit to play. Also a bit of tendon in the hip so we have to see. He practised yesterday so we will see what his reaction is.On Nemanja Matic “He might be available next weekend. I am not sure about that.”On attracting players“It depends on the project. If you can provide the players a plan for next season and and the season after that then season then can be a lot of attraction for players to go on that road. The CV of a manager can also attract player.”On staying unbeaten and blooding youngsters “It is not because I like to be unbeaten, it the conscience if you win then you remain unbeaten. It is not the record that I am personally chasing. I prefer bringing in some young players with more risk of losing I want to get youngsters some experience in the Premier League. I prefer that than having an unbeaten record.”Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
BOSTON — The Sharks never really gave themselves a chance Tuesday night against the Boston Bruins, losing 5-1 at TD Garden to bring an unceremonious end to a five-game road trip and one of the uglier opening months of the regular season in recent team history.Martin Jones, under siege for most of the night, had 36 saves as the Sharks finished with the road trip with a 1-3-1 record and ended the month of October at 4-8-1.Continuing a nearly season-long problem, the Sharks had to kill five …
Earlier this year, the Department of Energy, through its Builder Technology Program, put out request-for-proposals to manufacturers and vendors interested in selling triple-glazed and low-e windows at volume and at affordable prices. The ultimate aim was to help builders and other industry professionals overcome the principal barrier to their use of R-5 and low-e windows – cost.By February 19, the proposal deadline, more than 50 prospective participants had responded. And on Thursday, May 27, 30 vendors and 23 key partners will participate in the BTP’s public launch of the Highly Insulating R5 Windows and Low-e Storm Windows Volume Purchase Program, scheduled for 3 p.m. at the National Association of Home Builders headquarters 1201 15th Street NW, Washington, D.C. Of more interest to most builders and remodelers is the fact that the program’s official website is scheduled to go live at the same time (check the BTP information page here for the new web address and program developments).The DOE also is presenting a free 90-minute webinar – “Cost-Effective Triple Pane (R-5) and Low-e Storm Windows: Available Now” – on June 22, which is designed to explain how the program work and to highlight the performance characteristics of the windows. The target audience, the DOE says, includes weatherization agencies, housing authorities, builders, contractors, and distributors. Although access to the webinar is free, participants must register in advance to obtain the webinar URL, an access password, and the phone number for audio. Click here for details about the webinar. Click here to register in advance.
It is now clear that it was on Goa government’s recommendation that the Union Ministry for Environment Forests and Climate Change decided to change the jurisdiction of the National Green Tribunal(NGT) for Goa-related cases, from its Pune bench to the principal bench in Delhi.Finally breaking his silence, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Friday that Pune was not convenient for Goa as in case a lawyer has to be sent to represent any case, it takes three days. “Delhi has excellent connectivity (with Goa),” Mr. Parrikar told presspersons here on Friday.He said that the Goa government did not have a legal set-up in Pune as against in Delhi, where the government has empanelled lawyers.The Bombay High Court at Goa on August 22 stayed the transfer of Goa-related NGT cases to Delhi jurisdiction of the NGT and also issued notices to the State and Central government.The August 10 notification had shifted Goa from the Western zone jurisdiction of the NGT to the Northern zone, while retaining Gujarat and Maharashtra in the Western zone.The Opposition including Congress and Aam Aadmi Party and the environmental activists had slammed the relocation of Goa to the Northern zone as harassment to green petitioners because while Pune is about 470 km from Goa, the distance from Goa to Delhi is nearly 2000 km.”This is meant to discourage petitioners from approaching the NGT. This is a really draconian move by the government which has been prompted by vested interests,” Congress spokesperson and AICC Secretary Girish Chodankar had said.Goa Foundation and more than 20 groups including green NGOs have opposed the move and decided to oppose the move when the suo motu case taken up by the high court here comes up for hearing on September 5.