Boobs on Bikes returning to Tauranga: Porn king

first_imgBay of Plenty Times 28 March 2012Defiant pornographer Steve Crow has vowed to bring Boobs on Bikes back to Tauranga despite council moves aimed at blocking the topless parade. Tauranga City Council is proposing to make offensiveness one of the grounds for requiring permission to hold a street parade. But Mr Crow said he would fight the council. “It won’t make any difference to me whatsoever,” he told the Bay of Plenty Times. “I will take zero notice of any bylaw they bring in. I’m not vaguely interested in what the Tauranga City Council considers offensive. If they want to waste Tauranga ratepayers’ money, let them. I have plenty of money, I’m happy to fight them.” In a review of its street use bylaws, the council yesterday took the first step towards making it more difficult for the organiser of the Auckland erotic festival to use Tauranga streets to promote his event. Boobs on Bikes created a furore last year among residents who considered the topless parade indecent. They said it lowered the city’s moral tone. Protests, including several attempts by Christian groups to stop its progress, led to a heavy police presence as the procession wound its way along The Strand and Devonport Rd. Yesterday’s council meeting agreed unanimously to amend the bylaw in which the only circumstances requiring council permission to hold a parade were impeding pedestrian or vehicle access. As well as making offensiveness one of the tests for requiring council permission, the meeting also added the potential for parades to cause a public nuisance or endanger public health.http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/news/boobs-bikes-returning-porn-king/1321643/last_img read more

Joshua advised to vacate two titles

first_imgRelatedPosts Tyson Fury to Anthony Joshua: Don’t risk fighting Usyk Anthony Joshua, Okolie plot world title double Anthony Joshua wants Tyson Fury, Wilder fight Anthony Joshua should vacate two world titles and push to fight the winner of Deontay Wilder’s rematch with Tyson Fury, according to Frank Warren. Fury and Wilder are scheduled to go to war again on February 22 in Las Vegas, while Joshua’s 2020 appears set to be taken up with mandatory defences against Kubrat Pulev and Oleksandr Usyk. The IBF and WBO have ordered Joshua to fight their mandatory challengers, but Warren, the promoter of Tyson Fury, thinks AJ should wait to see what happens between Wilder and the Gypsy King. “Everybody knows, and it showed 100 per cent in New York, if Joshua gets clipped on the chin he’ll go,” Warren said. “His tactics were spot on for his last fight, 100 per cent, but he fought a guy who came in 15 or 16lb heavier than when he won the title and admits he never trained, by his own admission. “If I was Anthony Joshua I wouldn’t fight again until we know the winner of this fight – and then make them make that fight. “I’d let them strip me of my titles and not fight anybody until the big one.”Tags: Anthony JoshuaFrank WarrenKubrat PulevOleksandr UskyTyson Furylast_img read more

Gatlin looks forward to final showdown with Bolt

first_imgAMERICAN sprint star Justin Gatlin admits he is looking forward to one last showdown with world’s fastest man Usain Bolt at this summer’s London World Championships.The meet is expected to be the last major championship of the decorated 30-year-old Bolt, who has announced that he will be retiring from the sport at the end of this season.The 35-year-old Gatlin, who has been Bolt’s closest rival for the last several seasons, ensured that he is on course to at least remain a part of the spectacle following a 100m win at United States Trials on Saturday.The sprinter clocked 9.95 seconds to claim the top spot, in the process getting the better of young collegiate star Christian Coleman (9.98) the pre-race favourite for many heading into the final.Now on the horizon for Gatlin, who finished second behind Bolt at the 2013 and 2015 Worlds and 2016 Olympics, is another chance to test the mettle of the Jamaican.“It’s going to be a changing of an era,” Gatlin told Reuters. “We are going to be looking at a person who came along and made his mark and who has not only excited the crowds but he has made history over and over.”“I always wanted to battle with the guys with the records,” the American said.“When I came back into the sport, my goal was to be…I said to myself ‘I just want to be shoulder to shoulder with him’,” Gatlin told reporters at the U.S. nationals/world trials.“It was just total respect for how fast he is, the competition he brings.”last_img read more

Bus change hits students’ travel plans

first_img 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Friesema said the agency received letters and e-mails from other parents saying their kids were not making it to school on time and said changes are on the way. “We have been working with the school district to better synchronize the schedules with schools,” she said. “We will be adding two trips in the morning and one in the afternoon to make sure the students get to school on time.” nisha.gutierrez@sgvn.com (626) 962-8811, Ext. 2109 The recent cancellation of a Foothill Transit bus line, which served as a link for riders between Glendora and West Covina, has left some students struggling for a ride to school. Felicia Friesema, spokeswoman for Foothill Transit, said Line 283 was canceled March 18 because of low-ridership numbers and said Line 284 and Line 851 were extended to serve the areas vacated. But resident Gary Fuller said the cancellation removed critical buses from morning and afternoon commutes from Charter Oak High School and Royal Oaks Middle School causing some students to have to wait longer than usual for a bus. “Before there were three buses that went to the middle school before it opened each day and there is now one,” Fuller said. last_img read more